What is a Domestic EPC?
A Domestic EPC is a vital component in the Home Information Pack (HIP) which is needed when your house is sold. In simple terms, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a record of the actual and potential energy saving aspects of a particular property. The property is assessed using the UK’s Standard Assessment Procedure. It’s performance is rated in terms of energy use per sq metre of floor area. Energy efficiency is based on fuel costs and environmental impact based on carbon dioxide (CO 2) emissions.
The resulting Energy Performance Certificate issued to you will provide you with clear information on the energy performance of the property and cost effective means for improvement. The results of the visit are recommendations for your consideration or for the future owner or tenant to consider
What things are checked during the EPC inspection?
A site visit will be arranged to suit the client then one of our Energy Assessors will travel to your London property. The inspection should take between 45 minutes and 1 hour and will cause the minimum of inconvenience. The only significant factor to be aware of is that our Assessor will need access to the loft space and your boiler. An internal and external inspection of the property is carried out for the purpose of the EPC.
• Note the construction of your walls.
• Measure the roof insulation.
• Confirm how many windows are double glazed.
• Count the number of open fireplaces.
• Check the make and model of boiler under EU SEDBUK regulations.
• Look for green devices such as solar panels.
• Calculate the number of low energy lightbulbs.
• Confirm the type of heating system used e.g. radiators, underfloor heating, electric etc.
• Categorise the type of material used to insulate hot water cylinder.
• Measure heat loss through roof .
• Check for excessive window area in larger houses.
• Take precise measurements of conservatories and extensions.
• Confirm how many habitable rooms are heated.
Why do I need a Landlord EPC?
As of October 1st 2008 all rental properties being marketed in the UK by landlords need to have an Energy Performance Certificate. If your rental properties have not been inspected by official Energy Assessors and issued with an Energy Performance Certificate then you will not be able to rent them which has an obvious negative effect on your business.
Ordering your EPC is as simple as calling 01782 848700